Naijatop.com
Welcome to 9jatop.we offer you many like pc and mobile tweak,jokes,busness,buying and selling,education.

Sharing & Joining the World Together


You are not connected. Please login or register

Naijatop.com » ENTERTAINMENT »   » football news » Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite

Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite on 27th June 2014, 4:37 pm

tolulope15

avatar
Uruguay striker Luis Suarez has lost one of his
financial backers after he was banned for biting Italy
defender Giorgio Chiellini.
Online gambling firm 888poker said it had "decided
to terminate its relationship" with "immediate effect".
The 27-year-old Liverpool player was handed a four-
month ban by governing body Fifa after being found
guilty of biting Chiellini in a World Cup match.
Suarez cannot play for either club or country until the
end of October.
He misses the rest of the 2014 Fifa World Cup in
Brazil.
Uruguay are due to play Colombia in the last 16 on
Saturday after qualifying from Group D behind Costa
Rica.
Suarez learned of his ban on Thursday after Fifa
decided to open disciplinary proceedings against the
player.
He was judged to have bitten Chiellini on the left
shoulder towards the end of Tuesday's group game,
which Uruguay won 1-0 to qualify for the next stage.
Suarez denied the allegations, claiming Chiellini had
bumped into him, but Fifa handed him the longest
ban in World Cup history.
As well as a four-month ban from any football-related
activity, Suarez was also given a nine-match
international suspension.
Uruguay football officials say they plan to appeal
against the suspension.
The decision to ban Suarez for four months has split
opinion.
While the likes of former England captain Alan
Shearer and ex-USA goalkeeper Brad Friedel have
argued the ban is fair, reaction in Uruguay has largely
been of anger.
Huge crowds gathered at Montevideo airport on
Thursday as expectations grew that Suarez would be
flying there.
Fans wait for Luis Suarez at Montevideo airport
Uruguay's Sports Minister Liliam Kechichian said the
punishment was a "disproportionate sanction" that
"hurts us", while Uruguay Football Association
president Wilmar Valdez claimed the ban was
"excessive".
He added: "It feels like Uruguay has been thrown out
of the World Cup."
Suarez's lawyer, Alejandro Balbi, said the player was
"totally distraught", while his grandmother, Lila Piriz
Da Rosa, said her grandson had been treated like "a
dog".
She added: "Everyone knows what they've done to
Luis. They wanted

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum